Monday, August 10, 2009

Ponyo!

Hello all!
I don't know if your aware of this, but the movie Ponyo: The Cliff by the Sea, by Hayao Miyazaki is coming out in theaters on August 14,2009! A group of my friends and I are going to see it and I am SO excited! Miyazaki is my role model, so I am very, very, VERY happy!!! Miyazaki is the master mind behind the animes Kiki's Delivery Service, Totoro, Nausica: Valley of the Wind, Laputa: Castle in the Sky, Princess Mononoke, Popo Roco, Whisper of the Heart, The Cat Returns, Howl's Moving Castle, and many more. Ponyo, as I hear it, is a take on The Little Mermaid, exceped that Ariel got changed to gold fish form and is found by a boy named Sosuke, who names her Ponyo, and then she wills herself into human form. This makes the whole sea rebel, and several extinct species of sea life come back to life.

Here's a link to the preview

I hope you will go and see it, will enjoy Miyazaki's work like I have.

Mushroom Girf (:=

2 comments:

  1. I was one of the lucky people to acompany Mushroom to the opening!
    It was a VERY good movie!
    I have seen many of Hayao Miyazaki's Movies, and Howl's Moving Castle, Ponyo, Spirited Away, and Princess Mononoke (sorry that I couldn't make them italizied!) are among my top ten favorite movies!
    I pray that he makes more before he retires! I'll be at the movies the first day it opens, literally.

    *~Dawn~*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the heads up, Mushroom--had no idea it was coming out, but we love Miyazaki and will look for it here--although hard to find such "out-there" things as anime in NE Tennessee! We might have to wait for the video--or drive to Knoxville to see it.

    ReplyDelete